ABOUT COLOUR BAND
COLOUR are a micro prog band from Liverpool UK. Hear singles Chains, Black, Minus, Slow, Fiction, Kerosene, Killer, Pendulum, Nowhere, Strangers and EPs Kafé and The Famous Boy Making Things now. COLOUR are: Liam Downey, James Tidd, Scott Harvey, and Connor Dickson.
Press Quotes, Links, Tech Specs, Logos, Press Shots
COLOUR are a band from the British northwest coast, they were formed when Tidd (vox, guitar, piano) moved to Liverpool from his native Rutland with material and the sole aim of forming a band. He and Connor Dickson (drums, vox) met on the covers circuit and began as a piano-drum 2 piece. They then merged with ex-Red Light Motion front men Scott Harvey (guitar, vox) and Liam Downey (bass, vox) and changed to an all-singing guitar band. Together the band chose a name that would describe the music itself, first 'The Changes', then 'Block Colours' and finally COLOUR.
The band are co-produced by Dan Swift (Kasabian, Snow Patrol) and record all material at their own COLOUR Studios on the northwest coast. Says Dan of the band: “Average bands sound like their heroes, good bands sound like other good bands and great bands sound like themselves. COLOUR are a great band”
IN THE PRESS
- "Every now and then a new band genuinely excites" - The Mirror
- "By far the strongest and most original track from a wonderful band" - Tom Robinson
- "COLOUR is a profoundly independent pop explosion" - CLASH Magazine
COLOUR are a 4 piece band, all singing and a backing track.
- 4 x Vocal Mics: 3 up front and one for the drummer
- 2 x Guitar Amps
- Bass Amp
- Full Drum Kit
- Mono Jack Backing Track (level same as a guitar please)
- Power needed at front of stage, at the drummers position and for the amps
- Each position with their own instrument and own vocals loud in monitors please.
Click on logo for dropbox download page