ABOUT COLOUR BAND
COLOUR are a micro prog band from Liverpool UK. Hear singles Chains, Black, Minus, Slow, Fiction, Kerosene, Killer, Pendulum, Nowhere, Strangers and EPs Kafé and The Famous Boy Making Things now. COLOUR are: Liam Downey, James Tidd, Scott Harvey, and Connor Dickson.
Press Quotes, Links, Tech Specs, Logos, Press Shots
COLOUR are a band from the British NorthWest Coast. They have created their own brand of experimental pop with has won them acclaim with national music blogs for being "Profoundly Independent" amongst their contemporaries. A heavily British music influenced band, drawing the finer points of classic rock, new wave, electronic and modern indie music together with thick harmonies, tempo/signature/key changes and of course great melodies; COLOUR are as CMU describe them simply "a very good band indeed".
The band are produced by Dan Swift (Kasabian, Snow Patrol) and record all material at their own COLOUR Studios on the northwest coast. Says Dan of the band: “Average bands sound like their heroes, good bands sound like other good bands and great bands sound like themselves. COLOUR are a great band”
COLOUR were formed when Tidd (vox, guitar, piano) moved to Liverpool from his native Rutland with material and the sole aim of forming a band. He and Connor Dickson (drums, vox) met on the covers circuit and began as a piano-drum 2 piece. They then merged with ex-Red Light Motion front men Scott Harvey (guitar, vox) and Liam Downey (bass, vox) and changed to an all-singing guitar band. Together the band chose a name that would describe the music itself, first 'The Changes', then 'Block Colours' and finally COLOUR.
IN THE PRESS
- "Every now and then a new band genuinely excites" - The Mirror
- "By far the strongest and most original track from a wonderful band" - Tom Robinson
- "COLOUR is a profoundly independent pop explosion" - CLASH Magazine
COLOUR are a 4 piece band, all singing and a backing track.
- 4 x Vocal Mics: 3 up front and one for the drummer
- 2 x Guitar Amps
- Bass Amp
- Full Drum Kit
- Mono Jack Backing Track (level same as a guitar please)
- Power needed at front of stage, at the drummers position and for the amps
- Each position with their own instrument and own vocals loud in monitors please.
Click on logo for dropbox download page